Don't worry - this isn't as boring as it sounds! I found this site some time ago (and nicked a few of its images for my hints and tips leaflet that I produced and that I hope some of you found useful - you can still get it from our web site in the Baton Bytes area), but thought it might be an idea to share it with you as it has more detail than I could ever have put in my leaflet.
Music theory site
One thing, though: it's an American site (groan...) so there are references to notes that have different names in "English". Americans need to have it simple (although there is some sense to it; it's definitely logical), so they give the notes numbers, whereas we give them names:
Semibreve = Whole note
Minim = Half note
Crotchet = Quarter note
Quaver = Eighth note (see there's a pattern emerging here!)
Semiquaver = Sixteenth note
Demisemiquaver = Thirty-second note
...and so on.
Actually, I realise I did miss something out from my handy hints guide (to do with repeats), so I'll update it; watch out for that when you next visit the web site.
Hope this helps!
Tuesday, 8 January 2008
A good site on music theory
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment