Chaps...
I must record my thanks for a great concert last Thursday. I knew we had a lot to do to get what was almost a new programme together, and I made no secret of that, but we did all pull together and produce a concert that was, in the words of others who have spoken to me (i.e. not my words), one of our very best to date. Congratulations to all of you! You really worked hard to make it happen, and I was very pleased with the result. Thanks especially go to those who were able to make all the extra rehearsals, which really did make a difference. However, we missed those who had to pull out late in the day; here's hoping they'll be back as soon as they can - get well soon, lads.
I must also give extra special thanks to Margery, Clive, (my) Roger and Hughie for all their efforts before the concert as well as during!
Oh, and weren't Richard, Christopher and Ben great?
We've long got over our tough period now and I look forward to the rest of this year and next. There are exciting times ahead and I know we'll all embrace any new challenges together!
Of course, we need to push on with what's next, so hopefully you'll have seen Friday's programme which contains a mixture of what we just sang and some items from the Knellwood concert. Make sure the music's already in your folders for tonight's rehearsal - which, I have to tell you, will be given by Clive as I am a bit laid up at the moment, and very frustrated at not being able to come tonight and tell you all this for myself! I will need some volunteers from the Bass sections to drop out for Friday. I have 43 signed up for Winchfield, which is fantastic, BUT there is a physical limit on how many we can get in, which is a mere 28. We have a full Tenor I line and six Tenor IIs, but 15 each(!) in the two Bass parts; I need to cut that down to about 8 each, so give some thought to volunteering to drop out for this occasion only. Clive and Roger will work with you on this this evening. I am hoping to be there on Friday.
The following Saturday (12th) sees us going to the Atrium in Camberley for an hour's singing from 6pm. Clive will be directing this, just so you know, but I am looking for more volunteers, this time to go and support it. When it was first mooted I recall the response as being something of some interest, yet today I still have only two Tenor Is (+ Clive) and two Tenor IIs (three of you have still not indicated whether or not you are going - please put this right tonight). The music will be a mixture of the PH winter/Christmas music and some carols (that I am hoping to quickly arrange from SATB to TTBB, time permitting); don't forget, it's only an hour.
Anyway, have a great rehearsal tonight, bask for a while in a good concert well presented, do your concert list admin (this is very important, as I and Roger regularly remind you), and hopefully I shall see you on Friday.
Thanks again...