Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Rehearsals for Princes Hall

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to record my thanks for your support and commitment at last night's rehearsal. We made huge strides forward, and I am confident that we'll give a great programme on 26th! I know I speak for Clive as well.

Please do what you can to make the three remaining rehearsals, this Wednesday at Farnham Methodist, next Monday as usual and next Tuesday, also at Farnham Methodist. If that means for one occasion you might need to rearrange something or miss another commitment then if you can, please do. It'll make all the difference.

Between rehearsals, when you have a few spare minutes, check those bits you know you're not so secure on so it minimises the need to go over them during rehearsal and we can concentrate on the important matters of interpretation and the other details that make a good performance.

Don't forget the Noteworthy files, from our Practice Music page. They are a great source of help as you can hear your part in the context of all the other parts, or just yours on your own, or yours and any combination of the other parts by selectively muting the ones you don't want to hear. Just use the "m" key on your keyboard while you've got the file open. Check my previous blog page.

Keep up the great work! See most of you on Wednesday!